Monday, October 5, 2015

My Current Evening Skincare Routine

During the week, my evening routine usually starts with me coming home from work in the city before bashing out a 30 minute workout at home. After which, I finally get to relax with a nice toasty shower whereon my evening skincare routine starts.
I get an awful lot of joy from my evening routine and take my time completing each step. First of all, I'll start with a cleansing oil such as the Clean Energy Cleansing Oil from Origins which is a great first cleanse. I massage this into dry skin for a good minute whereon the sunflower oil, sesame oil and safflower oil really go to work at removing the days make-up and grime from my daily commute. I'll then dampen my hands and massage again which causes the oil to turn into a milk before rinsing my skin clean.

Then it's time for my second cleanse, and depending on how my skin is looking and feeling I'll either go in with a super gentle face wash such as the Yes to Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser which always helps to sooth and calm an angry complexion. If my skin is starting to look red and angry, this always helps to keep make my skin happy again.

If my skin needs a bit of an extra oompfh then this 3 in 1 face wash from Soap & Glory is packed full of all sorts of fancy technology and vitamin c which help to smooth, purify, energise and brighten my skin. It foams up nicely without being stripping the skin and the vitamin c does seem to give my skin a bit of a boost. 

After double cleansing, it's time to move onto the good stuff, namely eye cream, serum and then either a night mask or moisturiser.

First up, on the eyes I've been using the Snail Repair Eye Cream from Mizon. Don't be put off by the word Snail, it doesn't smell of anything and the texture isn't offensive either. The mucin actually has a powerful regenerative effective which stimulates cell renewal and stimulates collagen which all helps to tighten and brighten the skin around the eyes. Try it for yourself and let me know how you get on, at only £18 a tub it won't break the bank.

Then we're on to serum and I've been using the Midnight Recovery Concentrate from Kiehl's for well over a year, the bottle just keeps on giving!  It's packed full of powerhouse ingredients which help to rehydrate my skin, plump it out and generally make it look more radiant the following morning. It's just a miracle in a bottle and my skin looks noticeably different when I don't use this in the evenings. My favourite way to use this is to mix 2-3 drops with my moisturiser before massaging it into my skin.  

My final step is either a moisturiser or night mask as I've said above. Most evenings I've been using the Day and Night Cream from Flora Mare which again, seems to last forever and is only £26 for a 100ml tub. It's packed full of avocado, olives, argan and even almonds to make for a luscious, rich and super hydrating face cream. This is far too rich for me to use during the day, but it's ideal for the evenings when I like to use much more nourishing products. It leave my skin feeling soft and supple the next morning so it's obviously doing something right.

On the night mask front, I'm trying out this Good Night White Sleeping Mask from Mizon. It's packed full of hyaluronic acid, glycerin and niacinamide which hydrate my skin, condition my skin and as the name would suggest, help to brighten my skin and even out skin tone. It melts into the skin nicely and does seem to be doing a good job. I've only used this three times so it's still early days but I can see this becoming a winter skincare staple in the near future.

So there you have it, my 5 step routine to keep my skin looking lovely. Once a week I also use a face mask which will vary almost every week but that's another post altogether!

What products are in your evening skincare routine? Do you have any Holy Grail products which you ALWAYS use? Would you use a snail cream?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)